We are often asked how to care for beeswax wraps!
They are truly easy to look after! Simply wipe clean with a clean cloth or rinse with cold water and eco-friendly soap if necessary. When cold, the coating will stiffen which makes it a great stable surface that can handle a bit of scrubbing. You can blot them dry with a clean tea towel or simply hang or place on a dish rack to dry.
Avoid using hot water as this can cause the coating to melt and reduce the wraps effectiveness.
The wraps can be frozen for short periods of time which makes them great for lunchbox snacks. The coating will harden when frozen so bring it back to room temperature slowly to avoid cracking the beeswax.
Store your wraps in a clean dry place for next time.
– Use your wrap to cover rising dough.It is breathable and can also be used as a non-stick surface to knead your dough – a win-win!
– Some sauces may stain your wrap, be sure to clean them as soon as possible after using. These stains won’t affect the way the wrap works.
– If your edges start to fray, simply trim any loose ends. A pair of pinking shears is best for this if you have them.
– You can refresh your wrap if it is starting to look tired, simply leave on a baking tray in the afternoon sun.
– Your wrap should last around 1 year depending on usage and is easily compostable once you have finished.
Our wraps are all handmade by us so there will be variations – consider them all unique!